Sustainable Supply Chains
The Viresco team has experience with the numerous sustainability assessment frameworks, standards and measurement tools being used by food and agribusiness organizations to determine the sustainability of their supply chains. Increasingly, food and agribusiness organizations are facing pressure from consumers, investors and shareholders to improve the sustainability of their supply chains. Ignoring these concerns, presents significant risk.
We can help your organization:
- Access new markets by benchmarking your practices against a given standard or framework, and develop a plan to achieve compliance;
- Minimize risk by identifying sustainability concerns in your supply chain prior to public concern or regulatory involvement;
- Assess public perception of existing practices and identify areas of potential future concern;
- Report on supply chain impacts; and,
- Understand the sustainability assessment frameworks, standards, program and measurement tools available and identify a path forward.
Our team understands the science behind credible metrics yet recognizes that scientific rigor must be balanced with practicality. We use this knowledge to assist our clients in achieving their sustainability goals and enhancing their stakeholder relationships. For example, our team has:
- Conducted a benchmarking study on a set of nine leading sustainability schemes;
- Completed a stakeholder perception study of the Canadian sustainable agriculture space; and,
Lead the development of indicators and criteria for the Canadian Roundtable on Sustainable Beef, as well as supported the demonstration